Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WLS Appt and Gym Time

Today I went for my appointment with the bariatric team, I am still so unsure of how I feel about the whole gastric bypass surgery thing. I did tell them I do not want the surgery (if I do have it) until my semester at school is over, so December. The scale there says I weigh 312.5. and that I need to lose 5% for surgery which is 297.4. I weigh myself on my scale tomorrow will see what that says if its 312.5 I only lost .1 this week. If so I think its due to salt as I was eating honey ham( I meant honey turkey my bad). 

Anyways at the appointment I met with a nurse who weighed me and took my vitals. Then I met with a nurse practitioner who went over my history, then an initial appointment with a nutritionist whom I will follow up with in like 8 weeks,I will be attending a nutrition class on August 9. There are so many things needed and I have appointments for. I have to have an upper GI, and some other tests and meet with a cardiologist as well, after the tests I meet the surgeon. I have to go to this place weekly to weigh in, and monthly to attend groups, I need 6 groups to qualify for th surgery. I have an appointment with with a psychologist.


At the end I met with a patient advocate, she told me I am not locked into anything if I decide against surgery that is okay. But she said it can't hurt to follow through with the appointments. So that is where I am at this time.


Today I made it to the gym this afternoon and did my activtrax workout, and 15 minutes of cardio, the treadmills were out of commission because they are painting so I just can't make 30 minutes or even 20 on the elliptical yet.

I want to get this:
 


Because when school starts I do a lot of walking and I mean A-LOT. So it would be good to keep track. The website says:
 Fitbit makes every step you take a step toward better fitness, even on your busiest days. Fitbit Ultra's super sensitive 3-D motion sensor tracks your day down to details a pedometer can't catch, showing your exact steps taken, calories burned, and distance traveled. The new altimeter tracks floors climbed (new) so you can monitor this heart-healthy activity, encouraging you to take the stairs at home or work, or climb a little further on your next hike.


(I just want to get this product to try it on my own no one has asked me but Fit Bit people I would be Happy to review your product)


 

No comments: