Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Confessions of the Fat kind

I have been going to Doctors, following ww points and I just can't lost weight and it just keeps going up and up.
next Monday I am going to have a blood tests to check my hormones, thyroid, to see if I may have P.C.O.S. to try and get to the bottom of this. Its really getting scary I have gone over the 300 mark now and this is the confession. Last week I stood on my home scale and it said 312. I was almost crying it was bad enough when it was 280 and i talked to my primary doctor who send me to endocrinologist who has ordered the blood test, I needed to get off birth control and be off it over two months which will be next Monday. The endocrinologist sent me to a pulminologist  who sent me for a sleep study (waiting on results) Also was refered to a ENT who did allergy testing and I now take claritin and flonase. I was also refered to a nutritionist who said ww was good but tweaked it a little, she gave me lower points than I am supposed have on ww. I am going back to the nutritionist this Thursday for a follow up.

on the positive I have not had soda in over a week. and now i am over caffeine withdrawells

registered for my spring classes at college I will have my associates degree in December 2010

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I admire you for the big positive changes you are making! I've just now started taking baby steps with an exercise video at home... and I didn't make it very far through it the first three times (still haven't, but hey - I actually turned it ON three times, right?)

I hope they are able to figure things out for you at the doctor's. PCOS can have a silver lining... glucophage and metformin can really help with weight loss and allowing your body to better regulate insulin and metabolism.

(But I still hate having PCOS!)

Nice to "meet" you and best wishes on your continued success!